Gas appliances work more efficiently if serviced regularly. In most cases this is annually, especially if under warranty. Some insurance companies require annual servicing as part of their terms and conditions.
We are qualified to service gas boilers providing hot water & warm air.
The base price assumes that the appliance has been serviced regularly and that it is readily accessible. Please see “Price Guide” for current pricing.
If servicing more than one appliance a reduction on subsequent appliances may be applied when serviced on the same day. Ask for details.
BOILER SERVICING INCLUDES:
- Remove the main burners, clean and inspect for damage.
- Clean and inspect gas injector(s).
- Dismantle and clean pilot assembly and gas injector.
- Reassemble burners and pilot assembly.
- Check condition of ignition leads and electrode.
- Clean the heat exchanger.
- Refit burner assemblies and check seals.
- Test disturbed gas joints for leaks.
- Check appliance case and seals (where appliance is room-
sealed) for damage and correct assembly.
- Check and adjust pilot flame.
- Check operation of thermocouple (flame supervision device).
- Measure gas pressure and flow rate, and adjust if necessary.
- Inspect/test flue for faults/correct operation.
- Inspect flue terminal for correct location and protection.
- Check system bypass valve (if fitted) is correctly adjusted.
- Check sealed system (if fitted) is at correct pressure.
- Advise user of any defects found in writing.
- Apply the Industry Unsafe Situations Procedure if necessary.
FIRE SERVICING INCLUDES:
- Remove appliance from its location.
- Remove radiants, logs or coals if applicable.
- Remove main burner & aggregate bed burner (if fitted).
- Remove surface dust & lint from lint arrester & from within primary air ports, venturi & burner.
- Check burner for cracks & metal fatigue & clean main burner injector.
- Remove pilot assembly, clean burner & injector.
- Examine heat exchanger, ignition leads & alignment of electrode.
- Refit & check for alignment of radiants, logs or coals.
- Where appropriate remove closure plate from fireplace opening & clean debris from void.
- Where applicable examine & clean any fan associated with the appliance or flue.
- Check ventilation requirements are correct.
- Where applicable carry out a flue flow test & check the flue termination is correct.
- Refit the appliance checking all disturbed joints for gas soundness using non corrosive LDF.
- Relight & test the appliance gas pressure/rate or where necessary both.
- Check for a satisfactory flame picture.
- Carry out a flue spillage test.
If you have an open flued boiler or open flued/flue-